Saturday, May 14, 2011

Dinner Table Jib Jab

Okay now let's say grace.

Thank you Father for this meal,
And all else you provide.
We would not have anything,
Without you by our side.

May this food give nourishment,
To our bodies and our souls.
Bless us with encouragement,
Through us your truth be told.

Amen.

Now please pass the peas,
Do tell how was school?
Mashed potatoes, stewed tomatoes,
The weather's kind of cool.

Father how was work today?
Who needs buttered bread?
How was traffic, by the way?
Want biscuits instead?

Mary had piano lessons,
Honey, how'd it go?
More milk or water anyone?
When's your next school show?

Oh Darling did you see the news?
That actor was found dead.
No drugs involved, no alcohol,
Stroke is what they said.

Father can I borrow the car?
Friday I have a date.
I promise not to take it far,
And not be out too late.

Mother the house sure looks great.
You worked hard today.
What a great meal you've made,
Oh, and by the way,

Grandma called to speak with you,
I wrote the message down.
Seems Uncle Bob and Aunt June,
Are going to be in town.

Can I have some more meatloaf,
And some gravy please?
The mashed potatoes get my vote.
I like mine with peas.

Save some room for dessert,
I made a pecan pie.
I also have cool fresh fruit,
Give them both a try.

When everyone's meal is done,
The women will clean up?
After that we'll have some fun,
Save your coffee cup.

Then lets all gather 'round,
For some songs and games.
There's been enough jib jab now,
Its been a wonderful day.


Copyright © May 2011
Kevin Mooney

kmm001
051411

No comments:

Post a Comment