Tuesday, April 8, 2014

More Dog Letters To God...


Dear God,

I'm a lucky dog, with a comfortable home,
Fed regularly, bathed, brushed and combed.
I go for long walks, get occasional bones.
I have a fenced yard but can never roam.
Why is that?

Dear Dog,

You are very fortunate, my canine friend,
But the world's faster than you may know,
Too many dogs reach untimely ends,
With humans constantly on the go,

Dear God,

Sometimes my master forgets my water,
My throat gets parched and dry.
So I'll drink from the toilet, does that really matter?
It bothers him and I can't figure why.
Can you clarify?

Dear Dog,

Yes, people get busy and are prone to forget,
The necessities which pets need the most.
Don't worry too much and drink from the toilet,
Just avoid it if yellow or if somethings afloat.


Dear God,

Sometimes my butt itches so I try to scratch it,
But I can't reach, as hard as I try.
So I sit on the carpet and scootch forward a bit,
My master goes ballistic.  Why?

Dear Dog,

Well friend you see, carpets are expensive,
I realize they're more abrasive than grass.
I suggest the next time you get apprehensive,
Find somewhere more private to scratch your ass.

Dear God,

My best friend Jafar got hit by a car,
We were just playing and he chased a cat.
His master took him to a place that is far,
I never saw him again, where's he at?

Dear Dog,

Jafar is okay, he's here with me, just as other dogs are.
People spend money and go to extremes,
When the injured and ill are as they are.
Pets are more expendable it seems.

Dear God,

When people eat they sit at a table,
In chairs with their feet on the floor.
I get my food served on the floor, when they're able,
It's hard to listen when your eating on all fours.
Any suggestions?

Dear Dog,

People are funny, they spend lots of money,
They never like it thought that they're poor.
Their talk may be dull and what would the fun be,
If you never ate scraps off the floor.

Dear God,

And what's the deal with hot food on plates?
I always get my food served cold.
I must admit though, sometimes I can't wait,
Is it quicker to get served in a bowl?

Dear Dog,

No, not really, it's a matter of taste,
It depends on your owner and the time it takes,
People get caught up in their hurried haste,
It's not so bad though when you get to lick plates.

Dear God,

I've heard it said dog's look like their masters,
I've never known that to be true.
Is it right you created man in your image?
Does that mean dogs look like you too?


Dear Dog,

That's true, in a sense, I gave dogs my demeanor.
Canines reflect what good men should be.
They're special to me, their name makes it clearer,
Just spell Dog backwards and you'll see what I mean.


Dear God,

I understand dogs age faster then masters,
In dog years, one equals man's seven,
When humans die it's You that they ask for.
Is it true what they say, that all dogs go to heaven?


Dear Dog,

Yes my friend, that is true.



Copyright © October 2009
Kevin Mooney

kmm022
102009

No comments:

Post a Comment