Thursday, March 31, 2011

Two Perfect Chips of Stone














This poem is dedicated to my sons Josh and Jake...

Thank You Lord, You blessed me with,
Two perfect chips of stone.
A pair of sons I never guessed,
I'd ever call my own.
It feels good, I must confess,
To see how nice they've grown.
It brings to mind the joys I missed,
The times I was alone.

I wish my folks had lived to see,
How perfect they've become.
They're different yet much the same,
Adored by everyone.
As children they were challenging,
Please don't get me wrong.
But they've become nice young men,
Found where they belong.

I suppose one can't foresee,
How bless-ed life can be.
In retrospect one can object,
To pain and misery.
As I reflect, I don't regret,
Decisions that I've known.
Lord I praise You helped me raise,
Two perfect chips of stone.


Copyright © March 2011
Kevin Mooney

kmm001
033011

No comments:

Post a Comment