Saturday, August 13, 2011

Side By Side, Together





I often lay and watch you breath,
Ever so gently, while you sleep.
I think about,
The life we've had,
The love we've shared,
How far we've come, together.

As I lay and watch you,
I thank God you're my wife.
I then recount,
The day we met,
And can't forget,
How you've changed my life, forever.

When I lay there with you,
Tears well in my eyes.
I never dreamed,
Life could be,
So worry free,
Wonderful and fun, together.

As we lay side by side,
I think of you with humble pride.
I'm so glad that I'm alive.
To have you to always confide.
I thank God that you're my bride.
It's been a very special ride, together.

As I lay next to you,
Life just seems so right.
The future looks so bright.
Our boys have grown,
They'll soon leave home,
Once again we'll be alone,

To live out life on our own, together.



Copyright © August 2011
Kevin Mooney

kmm001
080411

No comments:

Post a Comment