Wednesday, September 15, 2010

My Three Shadows




I have three little shadows,
Who follow me around.
They are barely 3 feet tall,
Much closer to the ground.

Whether I'm in the house,
Or doing things outside,
They are quiet as a mouse,
Always at my side.

I don't have to call for them,
They know where I will be.
It's hard to hide from all of them,
When it's only me.

When I go upstairs at night,
They're sure to meet there.
I always bring a treat for them,
To show how much I care.

In the morning when I wake,
With pillows 'round my head.
My lazy little shadows wait,
Till I get out of bed.

One day when I'm old and grey,
Feeling all alone.
I will wish my shadows were,
There to take me home.

It's funny how one yearns and aches,
For things no longer there.
We should all appreciate,
The shadows that we share.



Copyright © September 2010
Kevin Mooney

kmm001
091210

No comments:

Post a Comment