Friday, February 28, 2014

The Face of Death




I walk the streets late at night,
I know who you are,
I know where you live and work,
I have a key to your car.
I am coming to get you,
Its only a matter of time.
No one can protect you,
There's no place to hide.


You may be in the shower,
Or in your favorite chair.
You might be asleep in bed,
You won't know that I'm there.
It'll be when you least expect it,
The last thing on your mind.
You may feel secure and protected,
When I get you from behind.


The pain will be minimal,
It will only last an instant.
The fear you'll have will be subliminal,
Your brain will fight against it.
The last thing that you'll ever see,
Will be all you remember.
You'll never even know it's me,
As your body is dismembered.


I embody your worst nightmare,
A fate you can't avoid.
I haunt shadows everywhere,
Loom within each void.
I embrace both fear and hate,
Consume life's final breath,
I'm a tomb with no escape,
I'm the face of death.




Copyright © September 2010
Kevin Mooney

kmm001
092510

No comments:

Post a Comment