Tuesday, June 8, 2010

The Day The Apostles Cried





Sit with me in silence friends,
Share with me this bread.
Still the voice that violence sends,
Searing through your head.


Each of you must seek accord
for the life you live.
Every man can ill afford
To die and not forgive.


Pass the retribution,
Hear what's not been said.
Bear life's borne confusion,
As feeble minds are fed.


Let's bow our heads and not forget,
What brought us here today.
Drink my blood, the tables set,
Let's all join hands and pray.


Father bless us for we have sinned,
It's in our DNA.
Each man here's new life begins,
On this blessed day.


I am but your vessel Father,
A means to reach an end.
Besought, betrayed, bereft of bother,
Chastised by my close friends.


Forgive them Lord for they are weak,
Their destiny's contrived.
Heal them for it's You they seek,

To eternally to survive.

Oh my Father, hear my prayer,
Let me bear their sin.
They're but children, unaware,
They'll only sin again.


In solemn eyes help me rise,
Above the wrong that's been.
Resurrect the calm effect,
That once defined good men.
Amen.


Now let's feast one last time,
Let God be our guide.
Heed at least one less crime,
Through faith in Him confide.


Each man carries his own burden,
Life's no piece of cake.
Nothing given, nothing certain,
We're bound to make mistakes.


Look around any table,
Examine each man's pride.
In the end men must be able,
To reach down deep inside.


Jesus bore man's transgressions,
He suffered and he died.
He taught forgiveness, sought confessions,
The day the apostles cried.




Copyright © March 2010
Kevin Mooney


kmm001
033110

No comments:

Post a Comment