Sunday, May 16, 2010

Another Damaged Brain (Pink Floyd Tribute II)



Part 2 to Pink Floyd's Brain Damage from Dark Side of the Moon...



Hallucinating in my class,
Hallucinating in my class,
Dreaming of strange places I have never been,
I need to stay focused on my tasks.

Hallucinating in the room,
Hallucinating in my room,
A fly gets caught in a spider's web,
While whistling a familiar Broadway tune.

And if the tide continues, to rise above the pier,
And castles in the sand disappear.
And if your wading beyond the point of consciousness and fear.
I'll meet you where the waterline breaks the air.

Hallucinations seem so real,
Hallucinations seem surreal,
You act as if I feel no pain,
Nail windows shut to lock out rain.
You fill my bath,
To wash away the stains,
While all my toy boats float slowly out to sea.

And if the high-dive you climb looks down in empty air,
and the water's reflection seems too clear.
If you swim to reach the surface to find that its not there,
I'll meet where the waterline breaks the air.

My mind feels broken beyond repair.
I look in mirrors, see no one's there,
That no one's always difficult to find.

I ask others who never care,
All they do is watch and stare.
Look for reasons only to find I'm blind.

Life is bitter, never fair,
Reach for hands, grab only air,
And now I think I'm doing fine!

Hahahaha....



Copyright © August 2009
Kevin Mooney

kmm001
080109

No comments:

Post a Comment