Thursday, May 13, 2010

Deja Vu





I am a brief reflection,
A breath of cool fresh air,
A gentle breeze,
A winter freeze,
An inkling of something once there.

I am a child's first instinct,
A newborn's first heard cry,
A mother's tension,
Her apprehension,
The tear in a father's eye.

I am the warmth of fire,
A cold winter's welcome reprieve,
A pine cone scent,
An inner reverence,
The sense of knowing a need.

I lie deep inside you,
Nestled in your mind.
A latent look,
The crack of a book,
A memory left behind.

I make a subtle appearance,
When opportunities arise.
Reveal myself,
When something else,
Challenges my disguise.

A manifested illusion,
A thought that helps decide,
An innate intuition,
Instinctive vision,
A blind decision on which to abide.

I am a hint of nostalgia,
A reincarnated clue,
An internal perception,
A thought resurrection,
I am a deja vu.




Copyright © December 2009
Kevin Mooney

No comments:

Post a Comment