Monday, May 17, 2010

The Road To Calvary






This is an inspirational song to be sung the tune Cimmaron by Poco...




Lord, you have saved me,

You are the blessed one.

I'm thankful you forgave me,

You're God's one true son.



I'll follow the plan you gave me,

For now I know I've won.

Walk the path you've made me,

My new life's just begun.



Down that lonesome highway,

Far from Galilee,

There's a northern by way,

Made for you and me.



He paid the ultimate price,

So we can live eternally,

It's paved with sacrifice.

The Road to Calvary.



Lord you've revived me,

Your word is all I need,

It's truth will provide me,

The courage to succeed.



I stand right beside thee,

We'll walk hand in hand,

Your spirit will surely guide me,

Like footprints in the sand.



Steer me from loathsome side ways,

My sins you bore for me,

On You, let holy eyes gaze,

Through you, my soul is free.



Many have tried to find ways,

To reach tranquility,

The only true and tried ways,

Are The Roads to Calvary.



You are my sole deliverer,

God's forsaken son,

The sins of man's discretions,

You've taken from everyone.



So Lord, please take me,

Without You, my life's a mess,

My heart's forever bleeding,

My sins to You I confess.



I believe in thy way,

Man from Galilee,

I promise to obey always,

The Word you've given me.



You paid for my deliverance,

Took on sins selflessly,

You gave my soul forgiveness.

You set my spirit free.



How can I ever repay you?

For the debt you paid for me?

I promise to stay beside you,

Down the Road to Calvary.



You carry a heavy burden,

Man's cross you chose to bear,

Our future is heavenly certain,

A thorned crown you were forced to wear.



As more days move behind me,

And life's journey nears it's end,

Next to you, Lord, you will find me,

Your kindred spirited friend.



For I know Lord you've changed me,

It's become so plain to see.

That this life is just the beginning,

For those who choose to believe.



So heed and trust in Thy Word,

Through it the blind will see,

Follow Lord Jesus skyward,

Along the Road to Calvary.







Copyright © August 2009

Kevin Mooney



kmm001

082409

No comments:

Post a Comment