Sunday, May 16, 2010

Oodles of Doodles



I wake up every morning straddled by furry friends,
Three mollycoddled canines,
Braced firmly in my bed.

It's hard to roll left, even harder to roll right,
The covers are bottled around me,
I'm like a bagworm swaddled tight.

My bed is King Sized, pyramidal in width and height,
How did they saddle up here?
These ninjas of the night.

I tug at every corner trying to loosen up their grip,
But dare they budge a little,
I'm afraid the sheet might rip.

I finally break their hold and squirm out tentatively,
They sure do like to cuddle,
These spoiled bowwows fast asleep.

It's hard to get angry with this caboodled clan,
They're the cutest little threesome,
Puppy, Mom and Dad.

Daphne is the mother, her majesty, the Royal Queen.
She's the elder Labradoodle,
Nose nudgingly pristine.

Niles the distinguished father comes from a finer brood,
A Poodle that yields to others,
Waiting patiently for his food.

Max, now he's a handful, their offspring's still sewing seeds,
He acts just like a puppy,
Though he's the largest of the three.

Coats as black as coal, Niles has a fringe of grey,
Max is all jet black, with just a smidge of clay,
Daphne likes to be coddled, her highness gets her way.

Muddled pains in the canoodle, we love our Three Little Bears,
Momma, Poppa and Baby, bundled puddles of loving care,
Oodles of Doodles beyond compare.


Copyright © May 2009
Kevin Mooney

kmm024
050109

No comments:

Post a Comment