Thursday, May 20, 2010

I Gave My All





I gave my love a flower
In a gesture of chivalry,
I gave the world the power,
That God so blessed in me.
I gave my love a ring,
So she might marry me.
I gave the world my body,
In health and frailty.
I gave my love my seed,
To plant our family tree,
I gave the world 2 sons,
To preserve posterity.
I gave my love my life,
To embrace eternally.
I gave the world all I had,
To face eternity.

I gave my love my hands,
To hold close and lovingly.
I gave the world my eyes,
So a blind person might see.
I gave my love the vision,
Of what true love ought to be.
I gave the world my tongue,
To taste joys bitterly,
I gave my love sensations,
Wrought with sensuality.
I gave the world two lungs,
So those congested can breathe,
I gave my love a lasting breath,
Of fresh air and tranquility.
I gave the world two kidneys,
To cleanse life giving blood.
I gave my love the lasting knowledge,
That she was always my one true love.
I gave the world my heart,
So no other would miss a beat.
I gave my love a cherished life,
Complete and worry free.
I gave the world all my parts,
For those dying terminally.
I gave my love true memories,
To never forget me.
I gave the world all I had,
The day God came for me.


Copyright © December 2009
Kevin Mooney

kmm001
090609

No comments:

Post a Comment