Tuesday, May 11, 2010

Castles of Oppulant Accord




Where does all the money come from?
What work do people do?
Who can possibly be paying for it all?
Aren't mortgages overdue?

People are in over their heads these days,
Bankruptcy's are common as loans.
Why do we allow such foolishness?
Why do people need such lavish homes?

Everywhere I go,
Everywhere I look,
I see these monstrosities,
Bank lent atrocities,
That people blindly strive for,
But never quite achieve.
Lifestyles that most people die for,
Opulence that's hard to believe.

Everytime I consider,
Everytime I conceive,
What it is that drives people's fervor?
The constant satisfaction of gall.
Pushing their limits further,
Without fear of consequence or fall.
I personally just don't get it,
I hate it when bill collector's call.

Every moment's filled with laughter,
Every installment a step towards disaster.
Shopping on credit never saved for,
Dining out whenever they've the crave for.
Cars they perpetually pay for,
Furnishings they haven't the wage for.
Living in houses they cannot afford,
In their Castles of Opulent Accord.



Copyright © August 2009
Kevin Mooney

kmm001
102009

No comments:

Post a Comment