Tuesday, May 11, 2010

Let's Fall In Love Again





I cherish my life,
It's not perfect you see,
I've got more than most,
Its been good enough for me.

Sure I've had my shares,
Of mistakes and regrets,
There are things out there,
That I'd rather forget.

But when you get right down to it,
Reflect and ponder through it,
I think that most folks would agree,

The life that I've had,
Is not all that bad,
It's the epitome of what most men dream.

If I could live through it again,
Go back and redo it again,
If given a chance for reprieve.

I'd do it the same again,
Play my life's game again,
With contentment and sheer modesty,

I'd relive all moments,
With sober atonement,
Retrace every life step I see.

I'd walk the same path,
Without questions asked,
Take the road that brought my wife to me.

Let's fall in love again,
Live through it all again.
Go back to the beginning and see.
All of the moments that brought us together,
Those moments with just you and me.

Let's rebuild our love again,
Stronger than it's ever been,
A fortress forged solid and lovingly.

Let's conceive again,
Replant life's seeds again,
Stand by conjoined faithfully.

Let's fall in love again,
Watch our kids crawl again,
Not try to change that meant to be.

Lets reflect and recall again,
Our Family's big and small again,
Hold hands through pained sorrow soberly.

We'll treasure it all again,
Friends' visits and calls again,
Recreate memories of how a good life should be.

Let's wade through it all again,
Stand firm and, not fall again,
Embrace our predestiny.

Let's live Springs and Falls again,
Watch kids grow tall again,
Become the proud reflections we see.

Let's toast to it all again,
Bow to fate's call again,
Follow God's will and our dreams.

Let's fall in love again,
Live through it all again.
Let's re-fall in love, you and me.



Copyright © October 2009
Kevin Mooney

kmm001
101809

No comments:

Post a Comment