Thursday, May 13, 2010

Psalm 23 1/2





Lord, thou art my vessel, my comfort and my stone.
I bow to thy wisdom, in thy shadow I lie prone.
I confess transgressions, for my sins to be atoned.
Through Thee, seek direction, guidance toward Thy throne.
I humbly kneel reminded of the weight Thou bore alone.
I pray, Lord, Thou find it, in Thy heart to lead me home.

Vast the mountain that I climb, Thou layest before me,
Rely on Thy countenance, ascend most graciously.
I seek Thy heartfelt kindness and generosity.
Honor cold reminders of born burdens selflessly.
Forgive my utter blindness, should I fail to see,
I worship Thee, your Highness, through reciprocity.

As I reach the pinnacle of my labored climb,
I fear I not be cynical, toward Thy blessed sign.
I will seek Thy hand, my Lord, to hold in my descent.
Savor the beauty of Thy land, Thy sober innocence.
Death I will not fear, my Lord, waiver in my stride.
Anoint me with Thy breath, dear Lord, rid me of my pride.

As the light begins to fade, in trust I will abide.
Eternal life I will embrace, to dust and so subside.



Copyright © December 2009
Kevin Mooney

No comments:

Post a Comment