Monday, May 17, 2010

Innocent Eyes






Eyes so brilliant,

Eyes refined,

Eyes resilient,

Eyes so kind.



Have you ever looked into an animal's eyes?

Wondered what's on their mind?

Do they think like you and I?

Are their thoughts like yours and mine?

What goes on inside their head?

Do they stare right back at you?

Or do they look away instead?

I wonder what they're thinking too.

Do they dream about what they see?

Ever imagine they're you or me?



Eyes romantic,

Eyes disguised,

Eyes gigantic,

Eyes so wise.



I once looked a gorilla straight in the eyes.

Through a pane of glass only inches wide.

He stared back at me, he was twice my size,

We were literally sitting side by side.

We gazed at each another as if no one was there,

I saw my reflection in his deep dark eyes.

Our minds were locked in a hypnotic stare.

I blinked first, then to my surprise,

He raised his chin, as if to say,

I may not be free, but I won today.



As I stood to leave the room,

I braced my self against the glass,

Suddenly I heard a sonic boom,

As he hit the window with all his mass.

The whole pane shook against the strain,

It wobbled as spectators began to run.

I felt horrified, then a little ashamed,

This proud fellow had had his fun.

We'd all been pawns in his whimsical fling.

Though he was captive, he was still the King.



Eyes familiar,

Eyes of time,

Eyes so similar,

Eyes that remind.



I often stare into my dog's eyes,

They're black as coal, dark and dense.

She'll look at me, then realize,

Then look away in self defense.

Some say dogs see the world,

In only black and white.

Not in color, it sounds absurd,

I'm not really sure they're right.

But if they never see color schemes,

I wonder about their thoughts and dreams?



Eyes of virtue,

Eyes so fine,

Eyes brand new,

Eyes so blind.



When puppies are born, they can't see,

The world's a dark and scary place.

Their tiny lives preposterously,

Exist within their mother's space.

They root around for her milk, trying to stay alive.

I'm sure to most their worlds seem bleak,

How long can blind dogs survive?

Could they live on their own a week?

It's difficult to tell.

Are blind dog's eyes replaced by their sense of smell?



Eyes remind,

Eyes reveal,

Eyes confide,

Eyes conceal.



Have you ever looked into a child's eyes,

They're reflectively serene,

They twinkle like stars in midnight skies,

They're as pure as a blank movie screen.

They're innocently delightful,

Pools of blue and aqua green.

Their view of life's insightful,

They soak up all they see.

The eyes of a child are quite possibly,

Crystal balls of what might be.



Eyes sublime,

Eyes surreal,

Eyes in time,

Eyes that feel.



Most of God's creatures possess,

A sense of what they see.

Eye's are amazing engineering conquests,

In animals, birds and bees.

Some say they're windows to the soul,

Portholes of what's been seen.

Small cameras recording life's events,

Vessels of hopes and dreams.



Eyes of confidence,

Eyes so blue,

Eyes suggestive,

Eyes for you.



Of all the eyes the world can boast,

It's Innocent Eyes that see the most.





Copyright © December 2009

Kevin Mooney



kmm001

082409

1 comment:

  1. Simply amazing.....Your words poured out every little queries and emotions and thoughts that strikes to meet an eye.....
    Thank you for sharing. Take Care.

    ReplyDelete