Thursday, May 20, 2010

This Is What I Saw


I looked down and saw a man, looking up at me.
His eyes were fixed and dilated, his expression worry free.
Not an ounce of tension,
Existed on his face.
Lying there, unaware, in a better place.

I looked up a saw a man looking down at me.
He looked just like an Angel, with a message just for me.
His was an extension,
Of what I used to be.
Flying there, in the air, content and reverently.

I looked down and prayed to God, that he'd accept me.
My mind transfixed and highlighted, transgressions made toward me.
Not an ounce of reprehension,
Would I ever see.
Crying there, I learned to care, for those with less than me.

I looked up and gave to God, the love he gave to me.
He prescribed eternal life and prosperity.
In a premonition,
I saw myself debt free.
All my sins had been cashed in, I'd found true sanctity.

I've looked around and often found, things rarely what they seem.
When you die your measured by your love and loyalty.
Immoral retribution,
Governs one and all.
In God's eyes, man's judgement lies, this is what I saw.


Copyright © February 2010
Kevin Mooney

kmm119

020510

No comments:

Post a Comment