Friday, May 14, 2010

Mermaid



A fishtail breaks a restful sea,
My mind awakens suddenly.
Am I lucidly lost in a dream?
Or are my eyes playing tricks on me?

Once again, the surface breaks,
An enormous splash lets me know I'm awake.
Coming to rest on a distant rock,
A sanity test, a visionary shock.

A beautiful woman, nude to the waste,
The rest of her body out of place.
I'm reminded of stories that sea farer's told,
Of mystical maidens centuries old.

An erotic blend of female and fish,
With a face to launch a thousand ships.
Curves, bare back, warm, smooth skin,
Fiery eyes that burn within.

Supple nipples, breasts both bare,
Cursed or blessed, a vision fair.
Hair that flows in waves and curls,
With a body like no ordinary girls.

Graceful arms, toned, lean and long,
Well formed abs, sensually strong,
A vision of beauty, a goddess or queen,
A hoax or rumor, sought, never seen.

A legendary figure to many that sail,
A fictional creature, a fisherman's tale.
A sea maid or fairy to those that believe,
A siren foretold in Greek Mythology.

Thought to endanger ocean bound ships,
A mystical stranger to drunken lips.
A selkie or minotaur, a curiosity,
A prophesy in folk lore, a young man's fantasy.

Before I am able to affirm reality,
She slips back into the calm blue sea.
From a distance it's difficult to confirm or deny,
Whether what I've seen is real or a lie.

Some say it's easy to confuse their identity,
With a seal or a porpoise, small whale or manatee.
Many a tale of strange visions have been laid,
Of random encounters of men and mermaids.




Copyright © December 2009
Kevin Mooney

kmm001
120609

No comments:

Post a Comment