Saturday, May 8, 2010

Do Animals Cry?



I read today that a distraught man
Shot and killed a mother duck.
It angered me how anyone can...
Be so cruel and that screwed up.
I prayed to God this man would suffer,
I prayed that he would die,
I wondered though, in the scheme of it all,
Do animals ever cry?

I read today that a thoroughbred horse,
Three years old and full of pride,
Broke his leg while on a race course,
Galloping in full stride.
I prayed to God the steed not suffer,
I prayed he wouldn't die.
The thought struck me though, when creatures fall,
Do they ever cry?

I read today two geese were flying,
And both got caught in a storm.
They were mates it seemed, together for life,
And one of their wings got torn.
I prayed to God, be merciful Lord,
I prayed it wouldn't die.
These majestic birds that so love one another,
Have they reason to cry?

Then God said to me, in his omnipotent way,
All creatures are born to die.
To them I promise My love and compassion,
An eternal place to lie.
Animals you see,
Are special to me,
They have no need to cry.


Copyright © May 2009
Kevin Mooney

kmm001
101409

No comments:

Post a Comment