Thursday, May 20, 2010

Until The Last Tear Is Shed



My Father died today.
And I wasn't there.
I wish I could have been.
I loved my dad and he loved me,
And I remembered when...

We laughed together,
We mourned together,
We fought a lot it seemed.
We had a lot of good times together,
We were quite a team.
But I never knew how much he cared,
It never crossed my mind,
I never knew how much I cared,
Until the day he died.

My Mother died today.
Again, I wasn't there.
I prayed that she went peacefully,
Her pain was hard to bear.
And I remembered when...

We talked of life and many things,
We were good friends, her and me,
We loved to argue
We loved to cook
We loved all the finer things.
But I never appreciated her full worth,
Never loved her like she loved me.
My mom was there since my birth,
She meant the world you see.

Now I'm the oldest of four children,
My parents are dead and gone.
It's hard to imagine how life has changed,
How we've all moved on.

Sometimes I wonder what life would be like,
If mom and dad weren't dead.
I'm sure I would treasure,
Our moments together,
Until the last tear is shed...


Copyright © June 2009
Kevin Mooney

kmm001
060109

No comments:

Post a Comment