Saturday, May 15, 2010

A Solemn Oath?


Do you sir take this woman,
To be your wedded wife?
To have and to hold, from this day forward,
To love the rest of your life?

I do Lord, take this woman,
And excercise my right.
To have my choice of any woman,
To cheat whenever I like.

For better or worse, for richer or poorer,
In sickness and good health?
To love and to cherish from this day forth,
'Til death presents itself?

Whether or not she's aware,
Children should not matter,
It's my right to have an affair,
A girlfriend if I'd rather.

In the presence of family and friends,
Do you take this man?
To be your faithful loving partner,
Until the very end?

I do Lord take this man,
With all his pronounced flaws,
If I change my future plans,
I denounce it all.

With the power vested in me,
I sanctify you both.
The hypocrisy of matrimony,
A not so solemn oath.




Copyright © December 2009
Kevin Mooney

km013
121509

No comments:

Post a Comment