Sunday, May 16, 2010

Tsunami (Pink Floyd Tribute III)


A third in a series of pieces dedicated to Pink Floyd's Dark Side of the Moon. Eclipse part two, rearranged.


My hands start to tremble,
My head starts to ache,
My thoughts reassemble,
Give and take.

My memories become jumbled,
My attention span breaks,
My words start to fumble,
Mental brake.

My room starts to tumble,
While baby's awake,
Inner walls crumble,
Windows wobble and shake.

My stomach starts to rumble,
The ground starts to quake,
Working men stumble,
To avoid being fake,
Big mistake.

Cerebral malfunction,
My mind is at stake,
Scattered disfunction,
Amid tremorous wakes,
Terminate.

Clouds fill my eyes,
Tides start to rise,
Subconscious riptides,
Surface then disappear.

Waves touch the skies,
A psychic reprise,
Visions subside then reappear.

Curtains disguise,
But cannot minimize,
The confusion and all of the fears.

Earthquakes create tsunamical breaks
that may require psychological care.
Waves of emotion ravage subliminal shores,
Oceans of thought culminate in confusion and stares.

Minds that break, vacillate,
between reality and what's not there.
Temporal contusions concentrate,
where the surface meets the air.



Copyright © September 2009
Kevin Mooney

kmm001
090809

No comments:

Post a Comment